2011 Caravan, Camping & Touring Supershow
This year Coastal Camping Victoria will again represent its members at the Caravan Camping and Touring Supershow.
Thursday March 10 - Tuesday March 15
For further information visit www.caravanshow.com.au
Improving Equity of Access to Crown Land Caravan and Camping Parks
A new policy has been developed and as of May 2010, will be in place for Victoria’s 175 public caravan and camping parks.
The policy for Improving Equity of Access to Crown Land Caravan and Camping Parks will replace previous systems and processes to ensure all Victorians have better access to some of Victoria’s most popular tourist sites. As a result of the new policy:
- long-term permit sites will be managed as part of a balanced mix of accommodation types, while making sure transit and short-term camping visitors have access to parks. This includes providing a minimum number of camping sites;
- a minimum of 10 per cent of sites in a park must be available to new site holders every peak season;
- public land must be protected from profiteering – where people make money from private sales on public land;
- to help create affordable and equitable access to Crown land caravan and camping parks, committees and park managers must make sure caravans are not sold on-site;
- committees of management will have guidance in providing new and existing campers with fair and reasonable opportunities to stay in public caravan and camping parks.
A two-year phase in of the new policy will help the community and committees to implement the new changes.
A copy of Improving Equity of Access to Crown Land Caravan and Camping Parks is available below:
For further information, visit the DSE website
Victorian Coastal Strategy
Coastal Camping Victoria has been invited to become a member of the Victorian Coastal Strategy Coordinating Committee. This is great news for CCV, demonstrating increasing recognition of our network within Government.